Three Blind Mice
Have you ever heard of the three blind mice? Today I’m going to talk about three blind mice in the church. You may have also heard the famous verse in John 9:25, He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see. The purpose of this blog is to expose common deception. I pray that the Holy Spirit would guide you in truth & open the eyes of the blind.
#1 – The one who doesn’t compare scripture
We are warned many times in the bible about the false prophets and teachings. While many of us are aware of this truth, many still follow blindly into false teachings. There are many who defend their teachers or religion rather than defending the true word of God. While some may be mislead by their own pride there are also some who are mislead due to ignorance of Gods word. Not everything that is taught should be accepted as truth. We must study the word ourselves if we want the Holy Spirit to lead us and help us discern the truth from a lie.
- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. – 2 Timothy 4: 3-4
- Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. – Colossians 2:8
- For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. – 2 Corinthians 11: 13-14
#2 – The unrepentant believer
The bible does not take repentance lightly, so why do so many others? If you are attending a church that is not teaching repentance then I highly suggest you leave and find a church that does. Repentance is crucial when it comes to your walk with Christ. Don’t take my word for it, pick up the bible and read it for yourself. After all that is the point of this post.
- Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38
- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10: 9-10
#3 – The Sunday christian
Do not let the title of this one fool you. There is no such thing as a Sunday christian. You’re either all in or all out. You either want God or you want the world. You Love God or you love your sin. You either keep your life or you sacrifice it. You belong to God or you belong to the world. You can not serve two master. Which one do you serve?
- Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. – John 3:3
- Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils. – 1 Corinthians 10:21
- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see. – Isaiah 42:18
- And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. -John 9:39
- Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. – Mathew 15:14